Monday, March 14, 2011

Bone Wash Hike

December 21:  Because it had been raining for almost two weeks, I knew that water would be running in the washes and I knew just the place I wanted to take the family!  Last summer, Cooper and I had discovered Bone Wash.  We had hiked all the way to the end of it (it was dry at this time) and ran straight into a 40-ft. rock wall.  I knew that with any decent amount of rain, this would be a spectacular waterfall. 

So we donned our rain gear, or black garbage bag in McKenna's case, and headed out.  (Unfortunately, Lexi had to work - we missed her.)  Even in December, the rain is very refreshing in the desert and it was a very pleasant day.  And we weren't disappointed at what we found at the end of the trail!












































No comments: