Thursday, May 5, 2011

Seussical!

McKenna was thrilled to find out that Fossil Ridge had a theater program.  Last fall, she auditioned for Seussical, a play based on several of the Dr. Seuss books.  She was thrilled to land the part of a "Who".  For four long months, over 80 kids practiced and learned all the songs and lines.  And I must admit, I got pretty good at doing that hairdo with the cone in it. It was a grueling schedule and I am so grateful for friends and carpooling!  It totally saved my life and sanity.
The play was fantastic and I'm still amazed at the level of talent - these were sixth and seventh graders!  McKenna thoroughly enjoyed all of it and had mixed emotions when it finally came to an end.  Asked whether she would do it again?...she said probably not, not because she didn't love it but because it was such a huge committment and very tiring.  But she's so happy she got to experience being a "Who" in "Whoville"!




1 comment:

Brooke said...

Such a darling Who.