Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Move

We're finally here in Southern Utah! After a year and a half of thinking, waiting, wondering, hoping, searching, praying and puting our faith in the Lord, we made it. And from the looks of the weather storms that have been brewing, we came not a day too soon. We were originally going to wait until the house sold to come, but decided the beginning of November that we would leave on Thanksgiving day. I know, why Thanksgiving right? Because it was a four day weekend and Kaylyn and Lexi could go with us and drive cars. So, that left about 3 short weeks to pack up a house we have lived in for over 11 years!

I need to own stock in a cardboard and tape company!


This is probably only half of the boxes.

We thought we had gotten rid of a lot of stuff, sold some, gave some away, but we soon discovered we weren't going to be able to fit everything into one moving truck. We'll pull a trailer too then. Nope, still not enough room. So, on the morning before we were to leave, it was determined that I was going to have to drive a 30 ft. moving truck also. OH MY HECK!!! But Heavenly Father blessed us with clear, dry roads and great weather and there's not a lot of traffic out on Thanksgiving Day! I actually enjoyed the 20 or so quiet hours to myself, reflecting and pondering on what I am thankful for. I do have to admit that it was a little bit of white-knuckle driving through the Ogden/Salt Lake City corridor where construction made the lanes seem not nearly WIDE enough but I came through with no bumps or dings and I'm actually pretty proud of myself! But I wouldn't want to do it again anytime soon.





Rob used every square inch of those trucks!

We are so very thankful for all the friends and family that showed up to help load trucks, clean the house, haul junk to goodwill or dump, bring food or just provide a shoulder to cry on. You are loved and appreciated very much and we will miss you greatly. We only hope that you'll come and visit soon (maybe in February when you are sick and tired of cold, snow and ice?)


Cooper rode with Rob in the truck. That made for an entertaining trip!


"Are we there yet so I can get out of this dang truck?"

My truck! Cool dinosaur, huh?
We arrived in Washington, (ha, yes it's true, we just couldn't quite leave Washington behind) Utah very tired, but safe and sound. We are grateful for the new friends and ward that showed up to help unload two big trucks on a Saturday morning. We're excited to be here and feel that this is where the Lord wants us to be. It's been a long road to get here, but we have definitely felt the Lord's hand and his arms around us throughout this journey!

Now we get to unload it all.

Cooper was so excited to be out of that truck that he just ran
around the whole house playing with his toy.

I think the kitchen is somewhere in there.

This picture pretty much says it all.

5 comments:

J&S said...

YEAH! I am glad you made it safely. I was totally in St. George on Thanksgiving and a couple days after. Bummer I could have seen you guys. Hope you are warm! Here in Mapleton, Ut there is a foot of snow on the ground.
Love you,
Shantell

HeatherLovesClay said...

I'm glad you guys are there safe and sound. Your house is beautiful! Clay and I (and baby) may have to come crash your house one of these days!

Shawn & Lexi said...

I'm glad we all made it there safely and that I was able to come along and see ya'll and help :) the Lord's hand has definitely been in our lives and I feel His arms around us every day. Love you guys and i'll see ya in about a week or so!

Shawn & Lexi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marie said...

I'm glad you made it safe and sound. I've been waiting for some moving updates and pictures from you! Good job driving that big rig. I only had to drive one from the rental place to our house and that was enough for me!