Friday, August 27, 2010

A Visit from Ron & Lois














My brother, Ron, and his wife Lois called in July and said they would be here in a week!  That was a pleasant surprise - we hadn't seen them in about a year so it was fun to visit and catch up and show them around our new home.

We took them to Snow Canyon, Kolob Canyon, and Zion National Park.  They aren't much for hiking but they sure enjoyed driving through the parks and enjoying the scenery from the car.  They also took the time to drive around St. George and take in the historical sites as well.  I don't think they cared too much for our 100+ degree weather but they sure enjoyed cooling off in the pool!  We told them next time they'd have to come visit in the "cooler" months - especially when they want to get away from all that rain in Everett, WA!


Kolob Canyon

View from Kolob Canyon to the main part of Zion NP




A few mountain goats take a moment to pose for a picture.

I always wondered how they got the rocks soooo red!
They PAINT them - doesn't it look like their paint ran a little?

1 comment:

HeatherLovesClay said...

You are so funny... they paint them! I forgot to answer your question about the sand on the cake. I think that her's was graham crakers, but I have seen both turbinado and brown sugar on the show Cake Boss. So cute, right? Makes me feel like I want to be creative!